You are invited to a Day of Mindfulness (DOM) in the Plum Village tradition of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, facilitated by Joyful Garden Sangha in collaboration with Poh Ming Tse Temple.
The DOM is a day for the community to come back together to be nourished from the collective energies, practicing leaving behind work and worries, to experience the happiness of the present moment. In practicing together, we learn to enjoy doing daily things with mindfulness – walking, sitting, eating, listening, speaking, resting – bringing our body and mind into the present moment.
– Poh Ming Tse Temple (please see below).
– Lunch: You are invited to prepare and bring your own lunch (vegetarian, including egg and dairy, i.e. lacto-ovo vegetarian) & cutlery.
Date: 7 Mar 2015 (please note that this is a Saturday)
Time: 10AM to 4PM
Venue: Poh Ming Tse Temple – Level 2 multifunction rooms
(Note: Parking is very limited, so please plan your travel accordingly)
Our DOM is organised wholly on a volunteer basis and collectively funded by participants including the organising team. We welcome donations, or dana (generosity), to continue to make this available.
Your donation contributes towards the facilities provided (meditation hall, air-conditioning, AV system, bathrooms, and so on). The suggested donation is S$12-22 per person, depending on your means. All surplus will go into supporting shortfalls in future DOM.
– Check-in starts at 0930
– Welcome & Introduction
– Guided Sitting Meditation- Dharma Talk Video
– Mindful Eating
– Total Relaxation
– Mindful Speech and Deep Listening, a.k.a. Sharing Circle
– NEW: 5 Mindfulness Training Recitation Ceremony (we are introducing this OPTIONAL segment for those who wish to renew their 5MT aspirations, and anyone who wishes to participate in this practice from the Plum Village tradition)
For Sharing Circle: we may have two circles for this activity, one of which is for participants aged 35 and below, facilitated by the Wake Up* group.
For more information about the community and the practice, please visit the website. Please connect if you have any questions. The community looks forward to your presence and practising with you.
Breathe and smile,
Joyful Garden Sangha, in collaboration with Poh Ming Tse Temple