You are invited to a Day of Mindfulness (DOM) in the Plum Village tradition of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, facilitated by Joyful Garden Sangha in collaboration with Poh Ming Tse Temple.
The DOM is a day for the community to come back together to be nourished from the collective energies, practicing leaving behind work and worries, to experience the happiness of the present moment. In practicing together, we learn to enjoy doing daily things with mindfulness – walking, sitting, eating, listening, speaking, resting – bringing our body and mind into the present moment.
– New Venue: Poh Ming Tse Temple (please see below).
– Lunch: You are invited to prepare and bring your own lunch (vegetarian, including egg and dairy, i.e. lacto-ovo vegetarian) & cutlery.
CLICK to REGISTER
Date: 21 Dec 2014
Time: 10AM to 4PM
Venue: Poh Ming Tse Temple – Level 2 multifunction rooms
Note: Parking is very limited, so please plan your travel accordingly)
Our DOM is organised wholly on a volunteer basis and collectively funded by participants including the organising team. We welcome donations, or dana (generosity), to continue to make this available.
Your donation contributes towards the facilities provided (meditation hall, air-conditioning, AV system, bathrooms, and so on). The suggested donation is S$12-22 per person, depending on your means. All surplus will go into supporting shortfalls in future DOM.
– Check-in starts 30 minutes before the first activity
– Welcome & Introduction
– Guided Sitting Meditation
– Mindful Movements/Walking
– Dharma Talk Video
– Mindful Eating
– Total Relaxation
– Mindful Speech and Deep Listening, a.k.a. Sharing Circle
For Sharing Circle: we plan to have two or three circles for this activity, one of which is for participants aged 35 and below, facilitated by the Wake Up* group.
For more information about the community and the practice, please visit the website.
Please connect if you have any questions. The community looks forward to your presence and practising with you.
Joyful Garden Sangha is a community of lay practitioners in Singapore taking guidance from Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh & the Plum Village communities.
* Wake Up Singapore is a group of young friends who enjoy spending time together to practice breathing, sitting, walking, singing, playing, gardening, cooking, and so on in mindfulness. We are the seedlings sprouted from Joyful Garden Sangha. We are part of Wake Up, an active global community of young mindfulness practitioners, aged 18- 35, inspired by the teachings of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh and the Plum Village Monastics. We come together to practice mindfulness in order to take care of ourselves, nourish happiness and contribute to building a healthier and a more compassionate society.