You are invited to a Day of Mindfulness (DOM) in the Plum Village tradition of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, facilitated by Joyful Garden Sangha in collaboration with Poh Ming Tse Temple.
The DOM is a day for the community to come back together to be nourished from the collective energies, practicing leaving behind work and worries, to experience the happiness of the present moment. In practicing together, we learn to enjoy doing daily things with mindfulness – walking, sitting, eating, listening, speaking, resting – bringing our body and mind into the present moment.
Time and Venue
- Sunday, 03 May 2015, 10am – 4pm
- Poh Ming Tse Temple, 438 Dunearn Road Singapore 289613 (map)
- 09:30 Check-in
- 10:00 Introduction
- 10:15 Guided Sitting Meditation
- 11:00 Dharma Talk Video
- 12:00 Mindful Eating
- 13:00 Total Relaxation
- 14:00 Mindful Movements & Walking Meditation
- 14:30 Five Mindfulness Trainings Recitation Ceremony*
- 16:00 Farewell
* optional segment for those who wish to renew their aspirations, and anyone who wishes to learn about the Five Mindfulness Trainings in the Plum Village tradition. All are welcome.
- Lunch: You are invited to prepare and bring your own lunch (vegetarian, including egg and dairy, i.e. lacto-ovo vegetarian) & cutlery.
- Parking: Space is very limited, so please plan your travel accordingly
- Contribution: Our DOM is organised wholly on a volunteer basis and collectively funded by participants including the organising team. We welcome donations, or dana (generosity), to continue to make this available. Your donation contributes towards the facilities provided (meditation hall, air-conditioning, AV system, bathrooms, and so on). The suggested donation is S$12-22 per person, depending on your means. All surplus will go into supporting shortfalls in future DOM.
For more information about the community and the practice, please visit the website. Please connect if you have any questions. The community looks forward to your presence and practising with you.